- 5-6 chorizo sausages*
- 12 oz gose-style beer
- 2 onions, sliced into thick rings
- 2 cups pineapple, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 habanero pepper, deseeded and ribs removed
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 5-6 sausage buns
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Puncture sausages several times with a fork. Add chorizo, beer, and onion to a large skillet. Bring to a boil and lower heat to a simmer. Stir occasionally and cook until sausages are cooked through, 15-20 minutes. Remove sausages and let onions simmer until sauce is thick, another 10-15 minutes.
- To make pineapple-habanero relish, combine pineapple, red pepper, red onion, garlic, habanero, cilantro, and lime juice in a mixing bowl. Season and toss well.
- Grill sausages over direct heat, browning on all sides.
- Spread mayo on the sausage buns. Add beer onions, sausages, and pineapple relish.
*Andouille sausages would work too.
You can find Margarita Gose near you using the Beer Finder, and make beer-inspired dishes all year long with more recipes like this one by Beer Belly.