- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- ½ cup Jai Alai IPA
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 habanero peppers, stemmed and seeded*
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, loosely packed
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- about ¾ cup oil (extra virgin olive, canola, grapeseed)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add IPA, garlic, lime juice, habanero peppers*, red onion, cilantro, honey, dijon, and salt and pepper to season to a blender. Blend, slowly pouring in ½ cup of oil. Split sauce into 2 bowls – one for brushing, one for serving.
- Skewer shrimp. If using wooden skewers, first soak in water for at least 15 minutes up to 1 hour. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill over high heat. Grill shrimp, brushing with habanero-IPA sauce, until opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Discard sauce.
- Serve shrimp with reserved sauce.
*Start with one habanero for less-spicy. Handle with gloves if you haven’t cooked with them before.
You can find Jai Alai near you using the Beer Finder, and make beer-inspired dishes all year long with more recipes like this one by Beer Belly.